Official State Links
Wyoming does not have a 529 college savings plan. Listed below are grant and scholarship options that exist.
- Wyoming College Access Grant: This is a need-based grant program designed for first-time college students. The grant is administered by the University of Wyoming’s Office of Student Educational Opportunity.
- Hathaway Scholarship: This is another need-based program that offers between $840 and $1,680 per semester for students who qualify. This scholarship is available for eight full-time semesters.
- Douvas Scholarship: The Douvas Scholarship is given in memory of Peter Douvas, a Greek immigrant who left money to the Wyoming Department of Education upon his death. This $500 scholarship is given to a first-generation American youth who shows need and motivation to attend college.
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education: Wyoming joined WICHE in 1953. The consortium has helped Wyoming students attend colleges and universities across the country at reduced rates thanks to the WICHE Exchange Program.
- ServeWyoming: ServeWyoming collaborates with local government entities and organizations to improve individuals’ service to their community. Their programs include Learn and Serve America and disability and inclusion programs that help those who are disabled to further their education and develop skills.
Higher Education News
- Inside Higher Ed: This limited search brings up Wyoming-related articles and blog posts from Inside HIgher Ed, a publication that looks at higher education across the country.
- EdWeek: This limited search brings up Wyoming-related articles and blog posts from EdWeek, a publication that looks at higher education across the country.
- WY 10%
- U.S. 7.7%
- WY 16.2%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- WY 8.1%
- U.S. 10.6%