Official State Links
- Texas College Savings Plan: Texas College Savings Plan offers two investment styles: age-based portfolios and static portfolios. Both of these options are managed by OFI Private Investments. This plan gives account holders the flexibility to rebalance their contributions or change allocations at any time.
- Texas Tuition Promise Funds: This prepaid tuition plan is one of the newest 529 plans for Texas residents. There are three types of plans, and participation is limited to Texas residents; account holders pay for tuition and fees to be used by a beneficiary at a later date at public two-year and four-year colleges and universities in Texas.
- Lonestar 529 Plans: To open a Lonestar 529 plan, account holders need just $25, and they choose from age-based or static investment options. Investments are managed by OFI Private Investments Inc., a subsidiary of OppenheimerFunds, Inc., TIAA-CREF, Dreyfus Investments and Thornburg Investments.
- Texas Coalition for Excellence in Higher Education: The Texas Coalition for Excellence in Higher Education is dedicated to raising awareness of issues in higher education. The coalition’s membership is focused on promoting policies to expand access to, and increase affordability of, higher education across the state.
- Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education: This organization is dedicated to improving education and employment opportunities for Hispanics in Texas. The advocacy group works to provide forums for discussion of education-related issues.
- Educate Texas: This nonprofit works with student to prepare them for higher education and the workforce. It is a public-private organization that uses collaborative methods to reach its goals.
Higher Education News
- Lubbock Avalanche Journal’s Higher Education Blog: The newspaper’s higher education blog posts information on college and university happenings and news across the state.
- The Lowdown on Higher Education: A blog through the Statesman newspaper, this publication focuses on higher education issues in Central Texas.
- TX 6.4%
- U.S. 7.7%
- TX 17.5%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- TX 8.7%
- U.S. 10.6%