Official State Links
- Future Scholar: South Carolina's 529 plan allows students and families to put away money early in order to pay for college down the road. The state's plan includes tax benefits and age-based and customized investment choices.
- South Carolina Higher Education Tuition Grants Commission: This organization works with the State General Assembly to provide tuition assistance to South Carolina's students. Need-based scholarships go to students hoping to attend one of the organization's in-state member colleges.
- South Carolina Higher Education Foundation: This nonprofit seeks to increase student participation in higher education and improve the quality of that education in the state. One of its major goals is raising awareness of the importance of higher education. To that end, the Foundation hosts events and workshops for students. They also work directly with schools and the state higher education agency.
- Achieving the Dream: Community College Count: This national organization has a chapter specific to South Carolina, partnering with South Carolina Technical Colleges and their students. It helps low income, minority, and first generation students attend and and complete their education at community college.
- College Summit South Carolina: Another national organization with a state chapter, College Summit works with schools to implement curricula that prepares young people for college work. They also host events for students to help them learn about higher education and access resources.
Higher Education News
- SC Commission on Higher Education Press Releases: The state organization in charge of higher education publishes press releases related to news and trends among the state's institutions.
- Education Week South Carolina: This national publication offers the option of filtering content by state, allowing the reader to focus on news pertinent to South Carolina.
- SC 8.6%
- U.S. 7.7%
- SC 15.8%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- SC 8.7%
- U.S. 10.6%