Official State Links
- College Bound Fund: A 529 plan offered by Alliance Bernstein Investments, investors can get a $500 or $1,000 tax credit on their RI returns. Funds can be used at any college, community college or vocational school in the U.S.
- Savings for College, Inc. (Advisor-Sold): This 529 plan is offered by Savings for College.com. The plan must be purchased through an advisor, and the investor must be a Rhode Island resident, or work in Rhode Island, in order to open an account.
- Savings for College, Inc. (Direct-Sold): This 529 plan requires a minimum of $250 to open the account. The investor must live or work in Rhode Island to open the account, and the 529 is sold directly to the investor. Funds may be used at any college, community college or vocational school in the U.S.
- Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority (RIHEAA): The RIHEAA is charged with assisting students and families with the process of applying for and financing higher education. Every year they award grants and scholarships to more than 12,000 students.
Higher Education News
- RI 8.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- RI 18.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- RI 12.2%
- U.S. 10.6%