Official State Links
- Oregon College Savings Plan: The state's 529 plan includes several investment options that allow students and families to save early for college. Contributions to the fund are income-tax free and can be used at a range of schools across the country.
- Oregon Pay it Forward: While not yet in practice, the Oregon legislature is considering a college payment plan that would allow students to shift tuition payments to the future. Instead of paying for tuition up front, students would commit to contributing part of their future income to their postsecondary institution, essentially shifting all payments to a post-graduation loan.
- College Goal Oregon: This nonprofit is part of a national organization that helps students and families through the financial aid application process for college. By way of free events, the organization advises and guides students so that they are better able to afford higher education.
- Oregon Student Access Commission: This state-run organization connects students, especially those from lower socioeconomic brackets, to college preparatory resources. They provide information on financial aid, seminars and workshops, test preparation, career planning, and state college events.
Higher Education News
- Oregon University System News: Maintained by the state organization in charge of public universities, this site provides news and trends related to all of those schools.
- Oregon Live, Higher Education: One of Oregon's premier news publications has a section devoted entirely to news and trends in the state's higher education system.
- Education Week Oregon: This national publication offers the option of filtering news by state, so readers can focus on education topics specific to Oregon.
- OR 8.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- OR 18.5%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- OR 10.8%
- U.S. 10.6%