Official State Links
- The Education Plan: This state 529 college savings program has a range of investment options, all of which allow families to put away money early for a child's college education later. Enrollees enjoy tax benefits and can choose between Age Based and Custom Choice portfolios.
- Scholar's Edge: Another state 529 plan, this is run by the same organization as The Education Plan: Oppenheimer Funds. However, Scholar's Edge is a somewhat simplified version of the 529 plan and is meant for students and families who want to set up a savings plan quickly and easily as part of a larger college saving strategy.
- GEAR UP New Mexico: The state branch of this national organization works with 25 public middle and high schools around New Mexico in order to help students start thinking about and planning for college. The organization's goals are to increase students' and families' understanding of higher education, to increase the number of students able to attend postsecondary institutions, and to prepare students to succeed after high school.
- Native American Student Advocacy Institute: This nonprofit, affiliated with the College Board, aims to support indigenous and Native American students in their path toward college. They host workshops and seminars and help students navigate the terrain between their tribal connections and life at a postsecondary institution.
Higher Education News
- New Mexico Department of Higher Education Events and News: While not a traditional news site, the New Mexico agency in charge of higher education maintains a list of events and information related to the state's colleges and universities.
- Education Week New Mexico: A nationally recognized publication, EdWeek filters its news by state, allowing readers to focus on trends and articles related to higher education in New Mexico.
- NM 7.5%
- U.S. 7.7%
- NM 14.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- NM 11%
- U.S. 10.6%