Official State Links
- Michigan Education Savings Program: The state's 529 savings plan offers students and families nine different options for investing their money early. All 529 plans offer some tax benefits and the chance to plan for college costs far ahead of time.
- Michigan Education Trust: The state's MET program allows students and families to save by paying for college tuition at today's prices. Enrollees can pay for part or all of college tuition years ahead of when they will attend, essentially "locking in" today's tuition rates in order to avoid price hikes and inflation.
- Michigan Student Aid Resources: This state site includes multiple resources to help students find ways to save and pay for college. It includes the "Affording College Guidebook."
- The Kalamazoo Promise: Entirely funded by anonymous donors, this nonprofit is helping public high school grads in Michigan attend four-year public college and universities. Students can apply for a full-tuition scholarship; the organization has already funded thousands of students' passage to higher education.
- The Kresge Foundation: This nonprofit, headquartered in Detroit, works both in Michigan and on a national scale to expand opportunities for low income students and families. They invest in educational, artistic, and community-based initiatives.
- Michigan AmeriCorps VISTA: This nonprofit works to fight poverty in Michigan and to provide educational opportunities and engagement for K-12 students who may be in poverty. Through college counseling, tutoring, financial literacy activities and other means, the organization tries to support impoverished students in the journey toward higher education.
Higher Education News
- President's Council, State Universities of Michigan: This council compiles news from all of the state's major universities.
- Michigan Daily: Published by students at the University of Michigan, this is one of the most comprehensive university news publications.
- MI 8.4%
- U.S. 7.7%
- MI 15.7%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- MI 9.8%
- U.S. 10.6%