Official State Links
- Kentucky Affordable Prepaid Tuition: This program allows state residents to pre-pay college tuition for a designated student at any college in the state, including community and technical colleges and public and private four-year universities. The packages come at three levels: Value, Standard and Premium. Each prepaid plan offers state and federally tax exempt earnings on funds invested.
- Kentucky Education Savings Plan Trust: This is Kentucky's official 529 college saving plan, which is administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority with TIAA-CREF serving as the plan manager. Contributions grow on a tax free basis so long as the proceeds are used to pay for college tuition and expenses.
- Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Association: The purpose of KHEAA is to improve student access to higher education. Since its inception in 1966 the association has provided financial aid and other resources to enable state residents to further their education.
- KnowHow2GoKy: Started through the Kentucky's Council on Postsecondary Education, this program works to encourage more of the state's population to enroll in college. Programming is primarily targeted at middle and high school aged students and their parents.
Higher Education News
- Kentucky Education News: Produced by the Lexington Herald-Leader and Kentucky.com, this site covers education news and views with a focus on issues that affect Eastern and Central Kentucky.
- Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Association Newsroom: Distributing news and press releases issued by and about the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority.
- KY 6.9%
- U.S. 7.7%
- KY 12.5%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- KY 8.5%
- U.S. 10.6%