Official State Links
- CollegeInvest Scholars Choice: There are nine different options under the Scholars Choice 529 plan. Scholars Choice is sold by financial professionals and managed by Legg Mason Global Asset Allocation, LLC, an affiliate of Legg Mason.
- CollegeInvest Smart Choice: This plan is the state’s only FDIC-insured 529 plan. First Bank offers two savings options: a 1-year time savings account, a time limited certificate of deposit, or a money market savings account, which allows account holders to make deposits and withdrawals at any time.
- CollegeInvest Stable Value Plus College Savings Plan: This plan is offered by CollegeInvest and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company of Connecticut. The Stable Value Plus plan guarantees a fixed-income college savings plan that will give account holders a minimum of 2% return on investment. Colorado residents who invest in this plan can receive a dollar-for-dollar state tax deduction for the calendar year they contribute.
- CollegeInvest Direct Portfolio: This plan is managed by Vanguard. To open a plan through this option, account holders need just $25 and additional contributions must be $15 or more. There are three age-based plans, five blended and three individual portfolio options in the Direct Portfolio 529 College Savings Plan.
- Colorado Succeeds: A coalition of businesses in Colorado dedicated to working together to improve education from kindergarten through higher education. Its members believe that as a community of business owners, they have the responsibility to improve access to education and workforce readiness.
- Colorado ASSET: This is a statewide coalition of businesses, government, educational institutions and faith leaders. Colorado ASSET is dedicated to bringing affordable tuition to more students in the state.
- Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education: Colorado has been a member of the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE) since 1951. The commission’s goal is to increase access to higher education for students.
Higher Education News
- Higher Education Blogs at Colorado Technical University: This blog offers discussion of issues related to education, both at CTU and across the country.
- Colorado Chalkbeat: This blog covers issues at all levels of education. The link offers a search for higher-education related news.
- CO 8.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- CO 23.4%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- CO 13.2%
- U.S. 10.6%