Official State Links
- Smart529 WVDirect: The Smart529 WVDirect plan is a direct-sold plan open to West Virginia residents or beneficiaries from West Virginia. There are two types of investment options: age-based portfolios and static portfolios; and two individual funds: the Smart529 Stable Value Fund and the Smart529 500 Index Fund.
- Smart529 Select: Portfolios in this plan are created and managed by Dimensional Fund Advisors. There are age-based portfolio options as well as static portfolios. This plan is administered by the Hartford Life Insurance Company and offered by the West Virginia College Prepaid Tuition and Savings Program Board of Trustees.
- The Hartford Smart529: The Hartford Smart529 is available nationally and offered by the West Virginia College Prepaid Tuition and Savings Program Board of Trustees. There are 15 age-based portfolios, 16 static portfolios and 15 individual fund options to choose from. Account holders are not subject to contribution limits until the account funds reach $265,000.
- College Foundation of West Virginia: This organization helps non-traditional students finish their degree programs. They do so by creating seamless transition programs for students moving into college programs and offering career planning help.
- West Virginia University Foundation: The West Virginia University Foundation offers need-based scholarships for WVU students. It also supports programs at WVU.
- Southern Regional Education Board: This organization provides policy information and analysis of state progress in the education field. The SREB also creates school improvement programs and resource sharing for member schools.
Higher Education News
- West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy: This section of the blog focuses on education policy and budget concerns.
- West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission News Section: This is the news section for the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, discussing trends and offering tips for success in higher education.
- WV 6.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- WV 11%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- WV 6.9%
- U.S. 10.6%