Official State Links
- Guaranteed Education Tuition: This is a prepaid tuition plan. There is a limited enrollment period with an enrollment fee, and once the account is set up, account holders can purchase units that correspond to college tuition, room and board and fees for resident students at Washington’s public universities. One hundred units covers 1 year of study.
- Washington Opportunity Pathways: This program is run by the Washington Student Achievement Council. Students can obtain financial aid in the form of scholarships and need-based grants through this program.
- Seattle Education Access: Seattle Education Access helps young students overcome poverty and advocates for access to higher education. The organization also works with nontraditional students.
- College Access Now: College Access Now, or CAN, was created to help economically disadvantaged students enroll in an institution of higher education. This organization identifies barriers to college education and helps individuals obtain financial aid and enroll in higher education programs.
- Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education: Washington joined the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education in 1955. Since then, WICHE has helped students in Washington overcome barriers to attending college.
Higher Education News
- WA 9.5%
- U.S. 7.7%
- WA 20.2%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- WA 11.4%
- U.S. 10.6%