This privacy statement defines the ways in which OEDB.org gathers and shares users’ personal information, as well as what it does internally with said information. This policy may be modified in the future to reflect changes in our information procedures; as such, we suggest reading this policy periodically so that you know how your information is gathered, shared, and used by us.
During your use of OEDB.org, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number)
- Demographic information (gender, interests, education)
- Computer information (operating system, browser)
Collected information is used in our efforts to:
- Pinpoint your online college degree program options
- Provide you with career and education information
- Supply you with information on the schools that interest you
- Provide you with customer service
- Send you news and marketing communications
- Engage in overall business improvement efforts
- Perform research and analysis
We will also use this information to contact you. In providing us with your personal information, you are, in effect, querying us, and thus giving us and our business and marketing affiliates permission to contact you. Also, you are consenting to receive telephone communications from said parties. A query is effectively an exception to state and federal Do Not Call requirements. As such, in querying us, we and our affiliates may contact you by phone for a limited time period regardless of your participation in such programs.
OEDB.org occasionally sends marketing information to its users. If you’d like to be excluded from this program, you may opt-out of it by following the unsubscribe instructions located in our emails to you.
- We need to do so to successfully complete business activities for which we’ve contracted other entities. I, the event that we do so, we may need to provide our contracted service providers with users’ information to complete said activities. For instance, we may provide our email service delivery with your email address to send you OEDB.org’s newsletter.
- If we undergo a merger or acquisition, or sell any portion of our assets and have your consent to so. The aforementioned business activities require careful steps, and OEDB.org may provide third parties with your personal information when it determines in good faith that doing so will protect it, you, others, or enable it to investigate fraudulent activities or reply to a legal request.
If after reviewing this policy you’d like to speak to a OEDB.org representative, you may contact info@OEDB.org.