Official State Links
- PA529 GSP: A 529 plan that ‘guarantees’ contribution earnings based on tuition increases, rather than market changes. The intent is that the amount accumulated in the account is sufficient to pay for tuition at the state school chosen by the student. The current maximum contribution is $452,210 per student.
- PA529: A standard 529 plan, investments can be made in any of 13 plans managed by the Vanguard Group. Contributions may be deducted from income on PA state tax returns, up to $14,000 per student per year ($28,000 for married filing joint returns.) Funds may be used to pay for college anywhere in the country, and the program offers discounts to more than 300 colleges nationwide.
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA): PHEAA offers college planning and financial planning assistance to state residents and students attending Pennsylvania schools.
Higher Education News
- Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE): The PASSHE site hosts bews and events from around the state, as well as a portal to information about the colleges in the state.
- PA 7.5%
- U.S. 7.7%
- PA 16.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- PA 10.4%
- U.S. 10.6%