Official State Links
- Oklahoma 529 College Savings Plan: The state's 529 plan allows students and families to start putting away money early in order to pay for college or university down the road. With allocation schemes ranging from conservative to aggressive, the plan can be personalized to each student's needs. Enrollees can save money without paying federal or Oklahoma state income taxes.
- Oklahoma's Promise: This organization, run by the State Regents for Higher Education, strives to give low income students a means of attending college or university. It requires 8th, 9th, or 10th grade students to apply, take certain high school courses to prepare for college, and meet certain income requirements. If students qualify, they'll receive fully-paid tuition for postsecondary education.
- Oklahoma Association on Higher Education and Disability: This nonprofit makes it a goal to further the opportunity students with disabilities have to access and attend higher education institutions. OK-AHEAD uses scholarships, educational sessions, and various advocacy activities to fulfil that mission.
- Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence: This nonprofit is built on the idea that improving public education in the state, both K-12 and postsecondary, requires a partnership between businesses and schools. The organization uses private investment to support education initiatives and help high school students prepare to attend a college or university.
Higher Education News
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education News Center: This is a collection of all the news and trends pertinent to Oklahoma's state universities and colleges.
- Education Week Oklahoma: EdWeek is a national education publication with the ability to filter news by state; readers can peruse all education topics in Oklahoma.
- OK 6.9%
- U.S. 7.7%
- OK 15.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- OK 7.7%
- U.S. 10.6%