Official State Links
- College Advantage Direct 529 Plan: Ohio's Direct 529 plan is rated as one of the best in the country by Morningstar. With four age-based options and a flexible investment scheme that allows students and families to adjust their savings to their financial abilities, this plan gives Ohio students a good way to save efficiently and effectively.
- College Advantage Advisor 529 Plan: For those looking for a 529 plan with a financial advisor, Ohio also offers this version of its college savings plan. Run by BlackRock, this plan includes personalized support, a range of investment options, and tax benefits.
- Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education: This advocacy nonprofit works on several fronts to advance the ability of Ohio's students to access higher education. NOCHE works with state legislators, the business community, and schools to ensure that the state's students are finding ways to get to college, and that the education they receive, once they get there, is of the highest quality.
- GAR Foundation: This nonprofit supports low income children, in particular, as they progress from the beginnings of their educational careers all the way through college or university. GAR makes education its highest funding priority and provides support services for students as they complete high school, connecting low income students with college preparatory materials and transition advice.
Higher Education News
- Ohio Higher Ed News: The state university system provides news releases and trend analyses on member schools.
- StateImpact Ohio: This NPR news source covers education news across Ohio, providing analysis of college and university trends as well as discussing other topics.
- Education Week Ohio: This national publication filters its news by state, so readers can browse education news specific to Ohio.
- OH 7.7%
- U.S. 7.7%
- OH 15.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- OH 9.1%
- U.S. 10.6%