Official State Links
- New York State Direct Savings Plan: This 529 plan is managed by UPromise Investments, Inc, and the program is available to any investor. Earnings are tax free, and investors can take a tax deduction on their New York State tax return.
- New York State Advisor Guided College Savings Plan: The 529 plan investment manager is JPMorgan Distribution Services, Inc, and the program is managed by UPromise Investments, Inc. Anyone can invest, and tax deductions may be taken by investors on their New York state tax return.
- New York Higher Education Services Corp.: NYHESC offers information on choosing a college and how to go about gaining funding through loans, grants and scholarships
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP): Their mission is to help disadvantaged students achieve success in college; eligible students receive full tuition, counseling to support their transition to college, tutoring and post-graduation career support.
Higher Education News
- New York Times City Room Blog: Part of the New York Times, the City Room blog has a higher education category that discusses the news and goings on of the New York City colleges and universities.
- New York State Senate's Higher Education Committee: Here you can find committee meetings, held on a near-weekly basis, archived in video format. State senators and representative hold panels discussing ongoing and pending initiatives to improve higher education statewide.
- NY 8.3%
- U.S. 7.7%
- NY 18.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- NY 14.1%
- U.S. 10.6%