Official State Links
- SSgA Upromise 529 Plan: This Nevada state savings plan is meant for students and families looking to invest in college early but who can't necessarily put away a lot of money. It waives annual fees, provides tax benefits, and has low contribution limits. Students may also qualify for Nevada's Silver State Matching Grant Program.
- Additional 529 Plans: Nevada offers students several other 529 college savings plans, all of which run through investment groups. These plans, from Vanguard, Putnam, and USAA, are meant for students and families that can invest slightly more than those choosing the SSga Upromise plan. Each of the three plans has a range of investment options, as well as tax benefits.
- Nevada Prepaid Tuition Program: Another 529 program, this government plan is similar to the others in that it allows students to put away money for college early, essentially "locking in" today's tuition prices. It does not, however, cover more than tuition (fees, books, etc).
- Go To College Nevada: This Nevada nonprofit is a comprehensive resource for students looking to enroll in postsecondary education. It hosts college seminars and workshops, provides financial aid resources and tips on applying to college, and connects students to college preparatory materials.
- Nevada PEP: Designed to support families with children who have disabilities, NV PEP provides resources to help those students succeed in all levels of schools. They have numerous resources related to higher education and making the transition from high school to independent living at school.
Higher Education News
- NSHE News: The state body in charge of higher education maintains a collection of news on the state's colleges and universities.
- Education Week Nevada: This national publication includes news collections specific to each state, providing readers with information on higher education trends in Nevada.
- NV 7.3%
- U.S. 7.7%
- NV 14.8%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- NV 7.4%
- U.S. 10.6%