Official State Links
- Nebraska Educational Savings Trust: The state's 529 plan, like others, is a means for students and families to put away money early in order to pay for higher education down the road. With both federal and state tax benefits, Nebraska's plan allows enrollees to use invested money at a wide range of colleges and universities throughout the country.
- Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education Financial Aid: The state agency provides resources to students looking to find financial aid. Listed resources include loans, scholarships and grants.
- Education Quest Foundation: This Nebraska nonprofit provides free college preparation services to students, along with scholarships and grants. Its goal is to help all students in the state, regardless of socioeconomic status, attend a postsecondary institution. Students and parents can set up private appointments with an advisor or attend seminars at the Foundation's several centers.
- Midwestern Higher Education Compact: MHEC serves 12 states, including Nebraska, and aims to increase the number of students able to attend a postsecondary institution. MHEC tries to achieve its goal by way of lobbying for education-friendly legislation and affordability in higher education.
Higher Education News
- Issues in Education: This blog is maintained by the state body in charge of higher education and contains articles related to Nebraska's colleges and universities.
- Education Week Nebraska: This national publication offers the option of filtering news by state, allowing readers to focus on trends and articles related to Nebraskan institutions of higher education.
- NE 9.4%
- U.S. 7.7%
- NE 19%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- NE 9.1%
- U.S. 10.6%