Official State Links
- Montana Family Education Savings Program: The state's 529 plan offers students and families a means of saving for college early, with added tax benefits. Students can use their savings for a 2- or 4- year school, either in Montana or out-of-state. Montana's plan is run by Vanguard.
- Hopa Mountain Indigenous Scholars of Promise: This Montana nonprofit works with 30 indigenous high school juniors and seniors each year, providing them with resources, skill sessions, support and advocacy. Each student is in the top 20% of his or her high school class and visits several colleges and universities as a member of this program.
- Montana Higher Education Student Assistance Corporation: This nonprofit is dedicated to helping Montana students pay for higher education. Through grants, loan financing and assistance, and several scholarships, MHESAC has helped a large chunk of the state's students successfully transition from high school to college.
Higher Education News
- Montana University System News Center: The state organization of public universities posts articles and notes related to schools within Montana.
- Education Week Montana: This national publication offers the option to filter news by state, providing Montana residents with a list of pertinent articles on trends in the state's higher education system.
- MT 8.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- MT 19.7%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- MT 8.8%
- U.S. 10.6%