Official State Links
- College Savings Mississippi: The state's 529 plan allows students and families to put away money now, with tax benefits, to pay for college or university down the road. This plan includes four different investment options, including managed allocation, diversified equity, fixed income and guaranteed savings.
- Rise Up MS: A nonprofit dedicated to helping students receive financial aid for college. This organization was created and is run by the Mississippi Legislature and works to identify in-need high school students.
- Get2College: This Mississippi nonprofit, run by the Education Service Foundation, provides a plethora of resources to the state's students in order to help them get a higher education. Get2College holds seminars, offers tutoring and test prep, hosts scholarship competitions and advocates for disadvantaged students.
- The Phil Hardin Foundation: Founded by a Mississippi native, this nonprofit organizes grants and advocates for better education throughout the state. It aims to provide financial resources in needed communities and to encourage all students to pursue higher education.
Higher Education News
- Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning News: The state site maintains a regularly updated news page on trends among Mississippi colleges and universities.
- MS News Now, Higher Education: A state news organization covering a range of topics, this publication devotes a section to the state's institutions of higher education and their happenings.
- Education Week Mississippi: This national publication covers education news in each state, curating a list of pertinent educational news topics in Mississippi.
- MI 8%
- U.S. 7.7%
- MI 12.8%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- MI 7.2%
- U.S. 10.6%