Official State Links
- Minnesota College Savings Plan: The state 529 plan allows students and families to invest in college years before the money is needed. This plan includes tax benefits and is administered by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education.
- GetReady!: Touted as an "early intervention and college awareness program," this state- and federally-funded Minnesota organization works with fourth through tenth grade students to increase the students' chances of attending a college or university. The organization works especially with demographic groups that are underrepresented in higher education.
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth: This national nonprofit is based in Minneapolis, MN, and it aims to educate children who find themselves without a home. Through advocacy, a large volunteer network, and the provision of social services, NAEHCY works to provide education to all and help homeless children move through school and on to postsecondary institutions.
- NorthStar Education Finance: This St. Paul nonprofit helps students looking to attend college or university manage their finances. It provides loan and payment resources, as well as advice on affording postsecondary education.
Higher Education News
- Minnesota Public News, Education: The state's highly respected public news organization includes a print and listening section devoted to education, both K-12 and postsecondary.
- Education Week Minnesota: A national publication, this well-known magazine includes a state-specific filter, providing an abundance of higher education news from Minnesota.
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education News and Events: The state office in charge of postsecondary education curates a list of recent news related to colleges and universities in Minnesota.
- MN 10%
- U.S. 7.7%
- MN 21.8%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- MN 10.5%
- U.S. 10.6%