Official State Links
- Finance Authority of Maine (FAME): FAME offers NextGen, a 529 plan. With two versions of the plan: one direct purchase and the other advisor sold. These plans have lots of bells and whistles. Applicants to a plan can apply for a $500 Alfond grant or a $200 initial matching grant, with funds applied directly to accounts.
- Maine Education Services: The MES provides support to students and families as they investigate higher education financing opportunities, including locating scholarship sources. The Foundation's site also urges students to explore career interests using the CRAVE Career Exploration System.
- Maine Compact for Higher Education (MCHE): This organization was created to address the needs of adult students in gaining college degrees. Maine has a very low rate of college education among adult citizens, and the state feels they are losing out on jobs and investment for that reason.
- Maine Community Foundation: The MCF aggregates a variety of traditional financial aid and award opportunities, as well as "aspirational, non-traditional and camp" scholarships available to students in the state.
Higher Education News
- UMaine News: UMaine News offers statewide education news, events coverage and the UMaine Today Magazine.
- ME 9%
- U.S. 7.7%
- ME 17.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- ME 9.8%
- U.S. 10.6%