Official State Links
- Louisiana Student Tuition Assistance and Revenue Trust: The START program is a type of 529 college savings program specific to Louisiana; and like all 529 plans it is regulated by the IRS and provides tax benefits. Students meeting Louisiana residency requirements may enroll in this college savings plan in order to save money for tuition, books, fees, and college housing.
- Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance: This state organization oversees several student assistance programs, including START. It also connects students to merit-based scholarships.
- Stand for Louisiana: Members of this nonprofit work to improve educational access for students across the state, beginning in pre-kindergarten and continuing on up to college and university. They have several local offices throughout the state.
- Louisiana Grant Watch: This organization brings together nonprofits, both educational and non, that are offering grants for students and student organizations. It can support low income students looking for a way to pay for college.
- Institute for College Access & Success: This nonprofit is dedicated to helping students "from all backgrounds" find and attend an institution of higher education. While they work nationally, the institute has conducted extensive work with Louisiana residents and schools.
Higher Education News
- Shreveport Times Higher Education: One of Louisiana's most recognized papers includes a full section devoted to higher education, pulling together faculty awards, court cases, and university trends.
- Board of Regents news: This board, which regulates higher education in the state, maintains a database of new and archived press releases and articles on college and university happenings in the state.
- Edweek Louisiana: This national publication includes a state-specific search function, which brings up a host of recent news on education in Louisiana, covering topics ranging from vouchers to testing to state legislation.
- LA 5.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- LA 14.3%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- LA 7.1%
- U.S. 10.6%