Whether you are a specialist in the field of neuropsychology or just love reading about how the human brain works, there are plenty of interesting blogs on the Internet to help you find out more. Resource blogs found on the Internet can usually be quite helpful, with users being able to research educational topics such as your interest of top online colleges, best online BSN programs, and other educational topics. In order to make it easier to for you to discover great blogs, the following list is categorized for easy browsing. With blogs by psychiatrists, scientists, psychologist, and even those dealing with mental disorders, you will find many thoughtful and thought-provoking blogs to keep your brain stimulated.
Some of these blogs are written by psychologists and others include topics relevant to the field of psychology such as research for the best online psychology programs.
- Advances in the History of Psychology. With news reports, literature recommendations, and more, this blog takes a current look at the history of psychology.
- World of Psychology. This blog offers a heavy dose of psychology as it relates to culture with both opinion and news articles featured.
- Cognitive Daily. Get daily (or almost daily) news stories that pertain to cognitive psychology.
- PsyBlog. This blog is primarily aimed at the general public and provides informative articles that hope to explain how the mind works.
- Cognitive Therapy Today. Discussing the workings and publishing news stories that celebrate the success of cognitive therapy, this blog enlightens readers to the world of cognitive therapy.
- Dr. X’s Free Associations. From vintage photos to new texting acronyms for the elderly to college student antics, the posts on this clinical psychologist’s blog will keep you interested and entertained.
- Everyone Needs Therapy. This therapist blogs about empathy, changing of the seasons, and more as she connects them to the human condition.
- BrainBlog. Written by a neuropsychologist, this blog focuses on topics such as memory, aging, and the way we give directions.
- CogNews. This news aggregator brings you plenty of news stories that relate to psychology.
- Psychology and Crime News. Study the psychology of crime with the academic research posted at this blog.
- Intelligent Insight on Intelligence Theories and Tests. Learn about brain fitness opportunities as well as a variety of assessment tools and news here.
- Brain Blogger. Get the latest reports on psycho-social news with topics including treatment options for post-menopausal women with low libido to understanding how much social capital you have.
- The Splintered Mind. With an emphasis on perception, this philosophy professor writes thought-provoking essays on psychological topics.
- Research Digest Blog. This easy-to-read blog presents some of the latest research in the field of psychology–with a British edge.
- Psychistorian’s Weblog. Get a glimpse into the world of graduate students with this blog that includes “forethoughts” and “afterthought” of lectures.
- Health Psych. With a nice blend of psychology in the news and practical tips for mental health and well-being, this blog from Australia is worth checking out.
- In the Room. Read about therapeutic techniques and get some news updates as well at this blog out of Australia.
- Postcards from the Id. This entertaining blog touches on such fun pop psychology topics as unconventional Christmas movies along with more serious news bits such as the correlation between babies in incubators and reduced depression.
- coffeeyogurt. From the trappings of being a blogger to the martyr syndrome to films with a psychological basis, there are plenty of fun items to check out in this blog.
With an emphasis more on pharmaceuticals and less on talk therapy, these blogs offer the perspective of the psychiatrist at work.
- Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry: A Closer Look. This blog writes mostly about psychiatry and pharmaceuticals with some posts touching on clinical psychology as well.
- In Practice. This practicing psychiatrist blogs about issues important to his field and how they affect culture.
- The Carlat Psychiatry Blog. Written by Dr. Daniel Carlat, a practicing psychiatrist, this blog takes a look at how the pharmaceutical industry sways medical education and its negative impact on the field of medicine.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification. This pharmacy technician’s blog keeps a critical eye on the pharmaceutical industry. Posts include the risk of patients, off-label prescribing, and more.
- Shrink Rap. This popular blog brings interesting commentary and insight into the world of psychiatry.
- Psychiatry and History. Learn about the history of psychiatry with the posts in this blog which include such topics as Prozac, the history of psychotherapy, and influential psychiatrists of history.
- Ars Psychiatrica. With a lovely mix of personal observations and information about the latest research and news in the field of psychiatry, this blog is an easy read.
- frontier psychiatrist. Training to be a psychiatrist in London, this blogger shares stories such as the current thought of making Internet addiction a clinical syndrome to suicides following financial collapse.
- The Psychiatrist Blog. Get a good dose of UK politics mixed with psychiatry at this blog written by Dr. Michelle Tempest.
- The Amazing World of Psychiatry: A Psychiatry Blog. Read book reviews and synopses on scholastic papers at this psychiatry blog.
- Dr Shock MD PhD. Writing specifically about the treatment of depression, this psychiatrist is especially interested in electroconvulsive therapy and neurostimulation.
Technology and the brain come together in these interesting blogs that cover everything from artificial intelligence to robotics. Perfect for those interested in studying in the best online computer science programs.
- Mind Hacks. This blog will keep you current on all the cool technology that helps take a peek into the workings of the human brain.
- Brain Waves. Neurotechnology is the focus of this blog written by Zack Lynch.
- Brendan O’Connor’s Blog–AI and Social Science. For the latest on social science and artificial intelligence, check out this blog with recent posts on statistics, social messaging, and more.
- Laura’s Psychology Blog. With an interest in technology as it relates to psychology, this blog often features topics at the intersection of these two fields.
- The Media Psychology Blog. Social connection through gaming, The Simpsons, and analyzing statistics in research reports are some of the interesting posts at this blog.
- Brain Stimulant: Stimulation. Neurotechnology, artificial intelligence, and psychology come together in this blog.
- Combining Cognits. This blog examines the latest work in cognitive research with an emphasis on cognitive robotics. Recent posts have covered TED, robotics walking aid, and fetal pain.
Take a look at the brain from a very scientific view with these blogs that include topics all across the field of neuroscience.
- Neurophilosophy. Written by a neuroscience student, this blog provides interesting posts that aim to communicate the world of neuroscience to the general public.
- Brain in a Vat. Stay up to date with the latest news and gadgets from the world of neuroscience in this blog.
- Cognition and Language Lab. Learn about the science of language at this blog.
- Corpus Callosum. Social commentary meets neuroscience at this blog that offers a wide assortment of interesting posts.
- The Frontal Cortex. From perfect memory to the effects of too much lead or not enough iodine on the brain, this blog features posts by Jonah Lehrer.
- All in the Mind. This blog is an extension of a weekly radio program in Australia that features the latest topics in science and health with a focus on neuroscience.
- Brain Hammer. Neuroscience with a good dose of philosophy thrown in along with some talk of artificial intelligence and other tech-related topics feature in this blog.
- Deric Bownds’ MindBlog. Find out the latest science on such topics as language, memory, stimulus response, and artificial intelligence here.
- Neuromarketing. Examine marketing techniques under the scope of neuroscience in this blog that features a fresh perspective on marketing seen every day.
- neurodudes. Self-described as “at the intersection of neuroscience and AI,” this blog is a collaborative effort that includes posts from regular readers.
- Brain Windows. This blog covers many scientific topics that relate to the brain, often including links to articles, handouts, and more.
- The Neurocritic. The Jerry Springer of academia? Maybe. This blog provides the “most sensationalistic recent findings in Human Brain Imaging, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Psychopharmacology.” And it’s difficult to quit reading.
- Neuro-Journalism Mill. This blog’s interesting approach to reporting news about the brain separates articles into “Wheat” and “Chaff” by specific criteria that determine if the news is really fit to print.
- Neurotopia. Get fun editorial and links to current information in the realm of neuroscience with this blog.
- SCLin’s neuroscience blog. This blog publishes research related to neuroscience in the most academic of terms. Average readers may want to bring a few text books for reference.
- Small Gray Matters. The posts on this blog are informative pieces on the happenings within neuroscience that somehow leave you feeling as if you have been let to a few secrets of academia.
- Brain Science Podcast. A companion piece to the podcasts, this blog offers a glimpse into the interviews with important people in the field of neuroscience.
- On the Brain. This neuroscience blog features the idea of plasticity, or the ability of the brain to chance throughout life, in its posts.
- Nothing’s Shocking. From neuroscience to politics to nature, this blog, written by Noah Gray, covers it all.
- Bernard Baars’ blog. This brand new blog looks promising with an interesting introductory post on the science of consciousness. Stay tuned to see what comes next.
Ethics and Law
Ethics and the law are important when human experimentation and criminology are involved. Find out what’s happening in the field of ethics and the law with these brain blogs.
- Brainethics. Keep abreast of the latest research of the brain and the ethics behind it with both news reports and academic research here.
- Neuroethics and Law Blog. Read about law, ethics, and the brain at this blog written by law professor Adam Kolber.
- In the News. This blog will keep you updated with the latest news that pertains to criminology, forensic psychology, and the law.
Looking at the workings of the brain and human behavior can be difficult to pigeon-hole into one discipline. These blogs bring a well-rounded approach to the subject.
- Somatosphere. This blog offers a wide variety of information for those interested in medicine, technology, psychology, psychiatry, and anthropology.
- Neuroanthropology. Bringing together the brain sciences with anthropology and philosophy, this blog features interesting posts that frequently delve into the way the mind works.
- Of Two Minds. Written by two students, one a PhD student of Psychology and the other a neuroscience PhD candidate, this blog provides plenty of interesting posts on both neuroscience and psychology.
- Brains. With an emphasis on writings by those in the psychology and neuroscience fields, this blog includes calls for papers, current research, and more.
- Developing Intelligence. Artificial intelligence plays right alongside psychology and neuroscience in this blog.
- The Situationist. A part of the Project on Law and Mind Sciences at Harvard, this blog examines a wide range of topics that relate to politics, the law, social psychology, and neuroscience.
- The Thinking Meat Project. This blogger takes the perspective of humans as animals with a vulnerable body but a complex mind and writes her posts that touch on cognitive science, history, linguistics, psychology, and more.
- The Proper Study of Mankind. This UK blogger writes about science, evolution, and its impact on humanity. Recent posts have covered altruism in primates and the place of violence among humanity.
- Searching for Mind. Keeping readers up-to-date with news stories from the fields of education, psychology, and any other brain-based field, this blog offers informative and interesting posts.
- The Mouse Trap. Including posts on cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, science, and more, this blog brings some of the latest news and research in an easy-to-digest manner.
Mental Disorders and Abnormal Psychology
Whether written from the perspective of the patient or the clinician, these blogs offer insight to mental disorders and abnormal psychology.
- Chemical Imbalance. With information for both medical professionals and the general public, this blog brings readers the latest news that pertains to mental illness and its treatment.
- Furious Seasons. Written by a journalist diagnosed with bipolar disorder, this blog seeks to inform the public on the state of mental health treatment and ask for accountability by those in power.
- CorePsychBlog. With a heavy emphasis on ADD/ADHD, the posts here often feature dietary effects on behavior, medications, and other related topics.
- Providentia. Child abuse, homelessness and mental illness, and suicide reside alongside interesting stories of historic figures dealing with mental illness in this blog.
- Translating Autism. Learn the latest research with this blog which presents information along with links to the research.
- A Flowered Purse. Dealing with anxiety and panic disorders for 10 years, this blogger posts about her life experiences.
- Lifes Spacings. Living with multiple personalities, this blogger offers an unusual glimpse into the splintered mind of someone dealing with DID.
- Patient Anonymous. Dealing with multiple diagnoses of bipolar disorder, ADD, seizure disorders, and migraines, this blogger provides an interesting look at life infused with a good dose of humor.
- The Reality of Anxiety. Looking at anxiety and anxiety disorders, this blog offers tips and suggestions on ways to combat this sometimes devastating disorder.
- Beyond Meds. This blogger has gone off psychiatric meds in a thoughtful manner with intentions of seeking alternative methods of natural healing. Not only are the blog posts worth reading, but it also has plenty of resources for readers.
Keeping your brain and mental health in top form are the subject of these blogs.
- Center for Emotional Well-Being. This blog with a female perspective takes a look at body image, weight loss, and happiness and similar topics.
- About Memory. Get the latest in scientific research and more as it pertains to memory at this blog.
- Happy Neuron. Help keep your brain fit with the information and puzzles published on the Happy Neuron.
- LimbicNutrition Weblog. An interesting assortment of links to articles and various bits of information that have a heavy dose of psychology, this blog’s purpose is to make your brain happy.
- Eide Neurolearning Blog. With a special emphasis on children and brain-based challenges such as dyslexia, ADHD, and autism, this blog offers interesting news and research for enhancing learning with special challenges.
- X Ray Tech Schools. From lifestyle and health tips to resources on improving your personal outlook this blog is worth a read.
- Dr. Deb. This uplifting blog features tidbits of psychology along with tips for mental well-being.
- Skills for Healthy Living. Written by a psychologist, this blog aims to help people find the strength from within to deal with life, especially for those dealing with chronic pain or illness.
- SharpBrains. From cognitive fitness events to interviews with brain researchers and specialists, this blog will keep you in the know when it comes to healthy brains.
Various Brain Blogs
With everything from deception to psychedelic research, these interesting blogs are sure to keep you reading.
- Social Science Statistics. Read all about statistics and the social sciences in this blog.
- Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science. Filled with plenty of graphs and charts, this blog offers news pieces with a look at the statistics involved.
- Seth’s Blog. From statistical excuses for melamine in baby formula to self-experimentation to improve Alzheimer’s, you’ll find a little something of everything here.
- Sound and Mind. Learn about how the brain processes music at this blog focusing on various topics related to music cognition.
- CogSci Librarian. From online psychology books to brain science stories in the news, this librarian shares it all.
- Deception Blog. Looking at such issues as brain scans, true or false memories, and asking unanticipated questions, this blog examines psychological research about deception.
- Peter H. Donnelly’s Mental Health Blog. Read anti-psychiatry editorial pieces that advocate acceptance of mental illness rather than cure at this blog.
- All About Forensic Psychology. Learn about forensic psychology from David Webb, a blogger from the UK.
- Psychedelic Research. Reviving the lost study of psychedelic research in the field of psychology, this blog chronicles some of the research currently being done.
- Best before yesterday. This blog offers lots of technical information on workings of the brain.
- psique. With an emphasis on aging, this blog includes research, editorial content, and a few random bits thrown in for good measure.