Recent college graduates tend to be anxious and excited about the new adventures that face them, but even the most capable grads can have a hard time adjusting to moving across the country alone, dealing with rejection on the job front, and maintaining a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle after school. To help them out, we’ve put together 100 lifehack lists that feature countless tips on staying fit, eating right, keeping track of a sensible budget, and more.
Here you’ll find all sorts of tips for post-college life, including taking care of your old car, avoiding Internet scams and cooking comforting, healthy recipes.
- How to adapt to life after collegeFind valuable tips on managing your finances and networking, which will help you transition into your new lifestyle.
- 10 Ways to Go Green and Save GreenLearn how to implement energy-saving, environmentally beneficial lifestyle changes without overspending.
- How to Care for an Aging CarYou probably don’t have the money to buy a new car just yet, so get tips on keeping your old ride in good shape.
- 4 Online Secrets for Getting Amazing Flight DealsWhether you want to revisit your study abroad days or apply for a job in another city, online travel deals are a recent college grad’s best friend.
- Guide for the New College Graduate: Equipping Your First KitchenFind out what to stock in your kitchen here.
Tips for Better SleepSleeping patterns can get a little crazy during college, so it’s best to try to implement a more beneficial routine post-graduation to prepare for a future nine-to-five gig. This blog provides tips such as establishing a relaxing bedtime routine and completing all exercise at least three hours prior to bedtime.
- Life After College: 4 Rules for the Real WorldRead this list to figure out what decisions you should be making for yourself after college.
- 7 Cheap and Easy Vegetarian MealsLearn how to eat right on a budget when you learn these recipes.
- Top 5 Internet Scams to Watch Out ForProtect yourself from fraud and lost money by checking out this list.
- How to Make Soup From ScratchNow that you don’t have a cafeteria or your mom to make you good homemade soup, learn how to do it on your own.
- The 7-Day Happiness ChallengeChallenge yourself to try these tips, and you may feel at peace with your life and the transition you’re making.
Finding a Place to Live
Whether you’re moving across the country all by yourself or moving back in with your parents for a little while, these lifehack lists will help you find a place to live.
- Tips for Moving in With Your ParentsIf you’re considering moving home for a while to save money or to look for a job, consider these tips.
- 7 Tips to Mastering a Job RelocationIf you’re moving for another job, learn how to find a place to stay and stay in touch with friends.
- How to Pack for a MoveCollege kids are used to throwing all their stuff in the car and taking off, but when you have real furniture and more grown up toys, you’ll need to adopt a new moving style, too.
- 7 Tips When Relocating and Looking for a Job Far, Far AwayHere’s another great guide for those needing to relocate somewhere that’s not close by.
- Preparing the Necessary Pre-Apartment Search DocumentsLearn how to organize and understand leases, guarantor forms and more.
- Moving: How to Save MoneyMoving can get expensive; learn how to keep costs down here.
- Checklist for Setting Up Apartment UtilitiesThis checklist will help you stay on top of your responsibilities while setting up utilities in your new place.
- Tips for Renting Your First ApartmentLearn how to set a realistic budget, market yourself as a desirable tenant and why you should get everything in writing.
- 6 Tips for Renting an ApartmentThis list recommends using Internet tools for your search and visiting properties in person if you can.
- Top 10 Agent Protocol Tips – Rules for Working With AgentsIf you can afford a real estate agent, read this list to aid in the home-buying process.
Paying off Debt
Did you have to borrow money to graduate from one of the best online psychology programs or top online computer science programs? Get control of your debt by checking out these guides, which can help you set up a payment plan and stay organized.
- Where to Sell Your TextbooksThis blog reveals the best ways to make back some of the cash you shelled out for those expensive textbooks.
- How to Start Paying Off Student LoansThis lifehack list has tips for picking a repayment plan and prioritizing payments.
- The Top 10 Student Loan Tips for Recent GraduatesFollowing these tips will help ease the burden of student loan debt.
- 5 Ways 20 Something’s Can Save Money to Pay Off Student LoansThis blog offers tips for young adults looking to get rid of student debt.
- How to Pay Off Multiple Student LoansThis guide tells you the best method for paying off multiple loans, which includes paying off the loan with the least balance first.
If you’re interested in graduate school, medical school, or law school, check out these lifehack lists for tips on getting in and succeeding once you get there.
- The Top 3 Tips for Getting Into Law SchoolThis list won’t guarantee your enrollment, but it has a few great tips.
- 9 Tips For Getting Into a Top Business SchoolGet nine tips from the experts on how to get accepted into business school here.
- Effective Time Management Tips For Graduate Students – Eliminate Stress and Become More ProductiveChances are, your college study habits won’t be sufficient in graduate school. Learn new time management strategies here.
- Top 10 Study Tips for the GRECheck out these great tips for cracking the GRE test.
- Health Care 101: Survival Tips for Medical StudentsGet tips for surviving med school here.
Staying healthy is vital for recent college grads, for their energy, budget–especially if they don’t have insurance yet–and general well-being. These lists are full of tips for going to the doctor, eating right and more.
- 8 Things to Consider When Choosing a GymNow that you’re on your own, you probably don’t have access to your university health center anymore. Learn how to select a good gym by reading these tips.
- How to Prevent On-the-Job Weight GainIf you’re too tired and stressed to exercise after work, make sure you compensate with these tips.
- Finding a DentistThis post offers things to consider when finding a dentist, including office hours and the dentist’s education.
- Eat a variety of fruits and veggies every dayHere you’ll find tips for adding more fruits and veggies into your meals.
- RecipesWho said healthy had to taste bad? This blog offers healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
- 6 Tips for Eating Healthy on a BudgetEven if you’re making a small salary, you can still find ways to eat right.
- Tips for Staying Healthy – Young WomenThis list encourages young women to manage stress, exercise, and take a multivitamin with folic acid.
- 7 Tips for Staying Healthy at WorkJust like school, the office is an easy way to forget about being healthy. Learn how to avoid that misstep here.
- International Travel: Tips for Staying HealthyMany young professionals choose jobs that allow them to travel frequently. Learn how to stay healthy on international trips here.
- 10 Ways to Save Money on Health Costs During the RecessionLearn how to save a few bucks “in a struggling economy” here.
- Unusual Tips For Better Health, Fitness, and Living. And A Fresh Start.This blog includes unconventional tips like “take pleasure in your body” and “set yourself free.”
- How to Fit Exercise Into Your Busy ScheduleExercise is still an important part of your day, even if you’re working extra hours or job hunting all day long. Get tips for sneaking it in here.
Networking is crucial to recent graduates who are looking to expand their contacts base, find jobs, and meet new people in general. These lifehack lists will help you feel more confident and make the most of any networking opportunities you pursue.
- Six Tips to Clean Up Your Social Media ProfileA lot of professional networking is done online now. Learn how to make the most of your online profiles by reading this guide.
- How to Network: Essential Tips for Business SuccessDiscover great tips that will make your networking opportunities more successful.
- Networking Tips for Shy PeopleNetworking for shy people can be excruciatingly painful, but it’s still necessary.
- Networking Tips from the White HouseTim Ferriss interviews Christine Comaford-Lynch, a five-time CEO and consultant for the Clinton and Bush administrations, shares her networking tips.
- 3 Steps to Network Your Way Into an InterviewFollow these tips to land your dream job.
- How to Network Via Social MediaLearn appropriate social networking etiquette here.
- 6 Job Networking Tips for New GradsIn this blog, job seekers are encouraged to show passion for their industry and company and be clear about career goals.
- 8 Steps to Networking Like a CelebrityFollow these few tips and you’ll be networking like a star in no time.
Finding and Keeping a Job
One of the most stressful adjustments college grads face is finding and keeping a job. From knowing where to look to avoiding office politics, you’ll be able to manage it all after reading these lists.
- 6 Things You Must Do to Get Your First Job After CollegeCollege grads should follow these tips to land that crucial first job after graduation.
- How to Find a Job as a College StudentIf you’re trying to find a job while you finish your last semester, read this list for helpful tips.
- 10 Commandments of Dressing for WorkRecent grads probably don’t have a closet stocked with work clothes, but make sure you pay attention to dress codes anyway.
- Entry Level Job Options for College GraduatesThis post offers tips on how college graduates can survive in a tough job market.
- 10 Tips for Working Effectively at HomeWorking from home is more commonplace than in the past, and this blog includes tips such as “make a daily to-do list” and “tell your family and friends to leave you alone.”
- Stupid (but common) resume mistakesPay attention to these tips to make sure your resume stands out in the right way.
- Industry Lingo Cheat SheetHere you’ll find commonly used abbreviations for working for nonprofits, on Capitol Hill, in publishing, and more.
- How New College Grads Can Land a Shockingly Good JobOne of the hardest parts of the job hunt is figuring out how to focus your efforts. Find out here.
- 10 Ways to Avoid Office PoliticsTips here include “don’t gossip” and “identify backstabbers.”
- The Right Way to Evaluate a Job OfferHere you’ll find tips to help you evaluate salary, benefits, and other important factors.
Once you’ve found a job, it can be easy to let it run your life, especially if you’ve moved to a new city or are working hard to prove yourself in the office. Remember to balance work, personal, and social commitments by reading these lists.
- 5 Tips for Better Work-Life BalanceWebMD shares tips that will keep you organized and stress-free.
- 10 Tips for Getting Your Work/Life in BalanceLearn how to “take charge,” “share the load,” and more when you read this list.
- 15 Tips to Maintain Your Work-Life BalanceYoung entrepreneurs share their secrets on how they maintain work-life balance.
- Need work-life balance? 7 TipsLearn how to avoid overbooking and losing sight of your priorities when you read this list.
- Five Tips for a Work-Life BalanceThis guide emphasizes the importance of prioritization and self-discipline.
- 10 Tips to Achieve Work Life BalanceThis guide focuses on time management.
- 7 Tools to Reduce Stress in the Work-Life MergeThis blog post explores topics such as “redefining success” and “cultivate resilience.”
- How to Avoid Becoming a WorkaholicTips here encourage readers to take a break from the Internet and focus on their health.
- 15 Tips for a Better Work-Life BalanceSmall adjustments like getting enough rest and learning to say ‘no’ are among the tips included in this guide.
- Work-Life Balance: Tips to Reclaim ControlTips like “leave work at work” and “bolster your support system” are great for restoring the balance.
Managing Your Social Life
Recent college grads have to adjust to nurturing and creating their circle of friends, and it’s much harder doing it outside of college. These guides will help you meet new people and keep in touch.
- Ways to Keep in Touch With FriendsFrom social media to texting, learn how to keep your college friendships when you read this lifehack list.
- How to Save Money When Dining OutLearn how to save money even when your friends want to eat out.
- Office Romance: Pitfalls, Problems, and WarningsFind out if dating a co-worker is a good idea or not when you read this lifehack guide.
- How to Be a Great Wedding GuestNow that you’ve graduated, you’ll start noticing old friends’ wedding invitations piling up in the mail. Learn correct wedding etiquette here.
- Modern Etiquette: Social Media Dos and Don’tsThere are some great sites for keeping in touch with college friends, but read this list to remind yourself of proper social media etiquette.
- How to Avoid a Life of Boredom and Mediocrity After CollegeThe transition from college student to college graduate can seem like no more fun for many young adults. This blog offers tips on how to be content post-graduation.
- Top 10: Things Not to Eat on a First DateOf course it’s best to steer clear of fast food restaurants and meals off the kids’ menu, but check out this list of other things you should avoid eating on a first date.
- 5 Fun Ways to Make New Friends After CollegeMeeting new people doesn’t have to be hard just because you’re out of college.
- How to Make Friends in a New CityLearn how to branch out when you move to a new city.
Budget and Savings
Manage your new salary–or lack thereof–with these budgeting and savings tips.
- The Most-Overlooked Tax DeductionsThis list includes common deductions such as student loan interest paid by mom and dad as well as the cost of job relocation.
- 5 Financial Tips for College GraduatesRead to see why it may be beneficial to invest in low-cost index funds.
- How to Save More for Retirement if You Don’t Make Much MoneyJust because you aren’t making as much as you’d like, doesn’t mean you can’t start saving for retirement. Use this guide to get started.
- 5 Ways to Trim Your Grocery BillsCompensate for your entry-level salary by remembering these tips when grocery shopping.
- Eight Money Lessons for New College GradsThis lifehack guide includes tips such as “buy strategically” and “respect debt.”
- Recent College Grads: How to Create Your First Budget in 30 Minutes or LessWho knew the seemingly daunting task of creating a budget could be so quick?
- Save Your Way to $1 MillionThis guide makes saving for $1 million seem attainable.
- Financial Tips for College GraduatesThis list includes tips on choosing your first job and automating your savings.
- How to Save Money Every MonthEven if you aren’t making much money, you can get generic prescriptions, wash your own car, and even leave the credit card at home sometimes.
- Filling Out Your W2Learn how to fill out your W2 when you get a job.
Mental and Spiritual Health
Remember to look after your mental health and spirit with the following guides.
- How to Make the Perfect Cup of TeaIn college you could just skip class or take a nap if you were getting too stressed. In the real world, a good cup of tea will calm you down and relax you.
- Top Tips for Staying Healthy and Dealing with Loneliness and DepressionFollow these tips to get out of your funk and get back to enjoying life.
- Top 7 Secrets to a Stress-Free Work LifeLearn how to regain your perspective and feel calmer at work.
- How to Meditate For BeginnersLearn how to get the most of your meditation and breathe properly with these tips.
- Easy Steps to Avoid DepressionLearn how to avoid trigger factors, get enough sleep and more in this article.
- 10 Ways to Look After Your Mental HealthFrom talking about your feelings to drinking sensibly, these tips can really improve how you feel about yourself.
- Five Great Ways to Conquer Your FearsWhether you’re afraid of the dark or trying new things, this guide can help you move on.
- 6 Strategies for Dealing With FailureDon’t let missed job opportunities or bad interviews get you down. Learn how to bounce back and keep trying.
- 10 Ways to Grow Your SpiritThis article encourages you to embrace your talents, confront your inner demons and let go of useless attachments.
- 10 Scientifically Proven Ways to Make Yourself HappierDid you know exposing yourself to more blue can make you happier? Check out some other tips here.