Official State Links
- LearningQuest: Administered by the Kansas State Treasurer and managed by American Century Investment, this 529 savings plan allows an individual to create a tax free investment account for a student of any age. Interest rates for these funds vary. Taxes will not apply unless the funds are removed for any purpose that does not qualify as "educational."
- Charles Schwab: Like Learning Quest, this 529 plan is administered by the treasurer but is managed by Charles Schwab. Accounts may be established with deposits of as little as $25. Savers may invest in static portfolios or use age-based tracks that are actively managed or linked to index funds.
- Kansas Learning First Alliance: Recognizing that preparing for a positive college experience begins years before a student sets foot on campus, the Kansas Learning First Alliance works as a coalition to bring relevant engagement resources and programming to students of all ages throughout the state.
- Kansas Parent Information Resource Center: KPRIC serves as both an advocate and information resource for parents and students in Kansas. The Center offers programs to assist students at all levels to succeed and offers resources to families and educators in support of those goals.
Higher Education News
- Kansas Board of Regents: The Kansas Board of Regents are appointed by the Governor to address higher education issues in Kansas. The board disseminates information in the form of press and news releases.
- KU Today: As the official news outlet for the University of Kansas, KU Today provides valuable insight into the news of the day and maintains an emphasis on analyzing higher education trends specific to the state of Kanas.
- Kansas City Business Journal: The state's leading business publication maintains an online digest of the latest state, regional and national education news.
- KS 7.5%
- U.S. 7.7%
- KS 19.6%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- KS 10.4%
- U.S. 10.6%