Official State Links
- IAdvisor 529: Administered by the Iowa State Treasurer's Office, with management provided by Voya Investment Management. As a 529 plan, participants’ investments grow on a tax-deferred basis, and they remain tax free if the proceeds are used for education. The plan offers three investment models: by age, by risk and build your own portfolio.
- College Savings Iowa: This 529 plan is a joint effort of Vanguard Investments and Upromise, and it is open to anyone wishing to save for college. Accounts may be started with as little as $25, and contributions can be made directly or through payroll deductions with free enrollment. Fees are fixed at 0.28% or $2.80 per year, per $1,000 invested.
- Iowa College Access Network: The primary focus of this organization is to help students achieve both academic and career success. ICAN has been a part of the Iowa higher education community since its founding in 1998. ICAN seeks to bring successful, national programs to Iowa for the benefit of Iowa students.
- Iowa Campus Compact: Composed of college and University presidents committed to improving higher education and improving communities, the goal of the organization is to improve education and campus community life.
Higher Education News
- The Gazette: As part of its rich history of providing Eastern Iowans with news for more than 125 years, the Gazette's online presence includes a robust section dedicated to education.
- University of Iowa Education News: A one stop shop featuring an assortment of news and views both about and affecting Iowa education and educators.
- Iowa State Education Association News: Representing classroom teachers and licensed professional staff, ISEA, through its newsroom, provides news releases covering topics of interest to members and the larger education community.
- IA 10.3%
- U.S. 7.7%
- IA 17.5%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- IA 7.8%
- U.S. 10.6%