Wondering about who you should be following on Twitter to keep up with the steady stream of updates in Libraryland? Well, here’s a list of lists! This quick guide will give you 30 great lists of librarians, instructors, and information professionals that you’ll want to follow on Twitter as well as tweeting authors’ accounts and people and publications to follow to gain tech insights. Check out each of these and start subscribing!!
My lists of librarians to follow on Twitter
- Librarians 483 members
- Librarians Continued 142 members
- Law Librarians 107 members
- librarians 496 members
- librarians 2 497 members
- librarians 3 494 members
- librarians 4 496 members
- librarians 5 499 members
- librarians 6 495 members
- librarians 7 496 members
- librarians 8 498 members
- librarians 9 681 members
- librarians 10 354 members
- Phil Bradley’s UK Librarians List 1,319 members
- Nas Raja’s list of Prominent Instructors 4,955 members
- John DiGilio’s list of Librariana 405 members
- Eric Mahollitz’s list of Library/Librarians 384 members
- Sarah Sammis list of Librarians 436 members
- Ayla Stein’s list of Info Pros 953 members
- Chris Vestal’s list of Library Land 497 members
- Amarona’s list of Biblioteksfolk lista 2 357 members (many posting in Swedish)
- CTState Library’s Librarians list 440 members
- Heather C Hart’s list of Libraries & Librarians 459 members
- Tom Ipri’s list of Librarians 434 members
- Matthew Enis’ list of Libraries and Tech 419 members
- Chris Bulin’s list of Library & Info Pros 371 members
- Theresa Quilici’s list of librarians worldwide 302 members
- Lauren Dodd Hall’s Libraryland list 493 members
- Eileen Fontenot’s list of librarians 523 members
- Jill Hurst-Wahl’s list of librarians 362 members
Joe Murphy’s Lists:
Even more lists!
When you’re done with those, be sure to check out these 30 Twitter accounts to follow for technology news and insights
- David Pogue – @pogue – NY Times tech columnist.
- Tim O’Reilly – @timoreilly – Founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media.
- Pete Cashmore – @petecashmore – CEO and Founder of http://mashable.com
- Kevin Rose – @kevinrose – CEO of Milk / Founder of Digg.
- Michael Arrington – @arrington – Founder of Techcrunch / investor.
- Guy Kawasaki – @GuyKawasaki – Venture Capitalist/cofounder of Alltop
- Charlene Li – @charleneli – Founder, Altimeter Group. Author, Open Leadership. Co-author, Groundswell. Forrester analyst.
- Walt Mossburg – @waltmossberg – Wall Street Journal tech columnist.
- Chad Hurley - @chad_hurley – Co-founder, YouTube / Delicious CEO.
- Erick Schonfeld – @erickschonfeld – Editor of Techcrunch.
- Eric Schmidt - @ericschmidt – Executive Chairman and ex-CEO, Google.
- Dennis Crowley – @dens – CEO and co-founder, FourSquare.
- Chris Anderson – @chr1sa – Editor of Wired magazine.
- Steven Levy - @stevenlevy – Wired senior writer.
- Peter Rojas – @peterrojas – Founded Gizmodo and Engadget.
- Biz Stone – @biz – Co-founder, Twitter.
- Evan Williams - @ev – Co-founder, Twitter.
- Jeremiah Owyang – @jowyang – Industry Analyst, Partner at Altimeter Group.
- Danah Boyd – @zephoria – social media scholar, youth researcher & advocate | Microsoft Research, NYU Media Culture & Communication, Harvard Berkman Center
- Om Malik – @om – Founder of GigaOM. Venture Partner at True Ventures.
- Techcrunch - @techcrunch – Breaking Technology News And Opinions From TechCrunch
- Wired - @wired – Wired’s official Twitter feed.
- Engadget - @engadget – Official Twitter account of Engadget
- Guardian Tech – @guardiantech – News and comment from the Guardian’s technology team
- The Next Web – @thenextweb
- NY Times Bits Blog – @nytimesbits
- ReadWrite – @RWW – The latest news, analysis and conversation in all things web, tech and social media from the http://ReadWrite.com team.
- SocialMediaExaminer – @smexaminer – Updates from Social Media Examiner.
- Kotaku – @Kotaku – The Gamer’s Guide
- CNET News – @CNETNews – Follow CNET News for all the latest tech news.
And finally, here are 10 must-follow Twitter accounts for book lovers:
- @The_Millions (139,632 Followers)
Online magazine offering coverage on books, arts, and culture since 2003. The Millions has been featured on NPR and noted by The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and The Village Voice, among others.
- @paperhaus (22,227 Followers)
Carolyn Kellogg is the blogger for the LA Times’ Jacket Copy.
- @roncharles (16,332 Followers)
Ron Charles is the Washington Post Book World Fiction Editor and weekly critic.
- @thebookslut (33,316 Followers)
Jessa Crispin is the editor-in-chief of Bookslut.
- @nprbooks (92,482 Followers)
Notes on NPR Books stories, the future of reading, and what to read next, with NPR.org’s book editor.
- @nytimesbooks (655,251 Followers)
Book reviews, news, author profiles, interviews and more on books from The New York Times.
- @GuardianBooks (472,471 Followers)
News, reviews and author interviews plus tweets from the Guardian and Observer books team.
- @NewYorker (2,117,700 Followers)
The New Yorker is a weekly magazine with a mix of reporting of politics and culture, humor and cartoons, fiction and poetry, and reviews and criticism.
- @LRB (64,317 Followers)
‘The London Review of Books is the liveliest, the most serious and also the most radical literary magazine we have.’ Alan Bennett
- @LAReviewofBooks (24,962 Followers)
A multimedia literary and cultural arts magazine with an enduring commitment to the written word.
…and for even more Twitter goodness, check out these iLibrarian posts for more tips!
- 20 Essential Twitter Chats for the Library Crowd
- 11 Tips to Cultivate a Strong Twitter Following
- 25 Twitter Accounts to Help You Get Published