Fran Berkman at Mashable puts together a mega-list of 65 Digital Media Resources You May Have Missed. Categorized into Editor’s Picks, Social Media, Business & Marketing, Tech & Mobile, and Lifestyle sections, these are stories you won’t want to miss a second time. Here are just a few:
- 10 Tips and Tricks for Powerful Twitter Search
- 8 Mobile Apps Worth Paying For
- Where Did Augmented Reality Come From?
- The Beginner’s Guide to Gmail
- How to Set Up Multiple Email Signatures in iOS 6
I appreciated the background info and brief rundown of the history of augmented reality as that’s an area that I’m currently researching. I think libraries could do quite a bit in that area. So far, my favorite library-oriented AR app is the Ludwig II – Walking in the Footsteps of a Fairytale King app, created by the Bavarian State Library. It gives a fantastic overlay of what the King’s Winter Garden would have looked like in his time. Here’s a video tour of the app: