As a part of my Intro to Reference course I try and introduce Open Access (OA) resources and directories to my students. Since many of them have found these resources useful I thought I’d share them here.
- OAIster: The main search hub for finding OA articles, journals, and other resources. Now at 25 million records.
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals containing thousands of journals indexed.
- OpenDOAR: Directory of (academic) Open Access Repositories.
- Open J-Gate: Directory of over 9,700 OA journals (6,500 peer-reviewed)
- Open Access Directory Wiki: Fantastic OA resource with everything you need to know about the OA movement. Over 2 million views.
- Guide to the Open Access Movement: Guide written by OA guru Peter Suber.
- SPARC: Scholarly Publishing & Academic Resources Coalition: International alliance of academic and research libraries working to correct imbalances in the scholarly publishing system.
- Open Archives Initiative (OAI): Developer of OA standards.
- Timeline of the Open Access Movement
- Open Access Librarian
- Open and Shut
- Open Access Archivangelism
- SPARC Open Access Forum
- SHERPA/RoMEO Publisher Copyright Policies and Self-Archiving
- SPARC Author Rights Brochure
- Code4Lib Journal
- Communications in Information Literacy
- D-Lib Magazine
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management
- First Monday
- Journal of Digital Information
- Journal of eLiteracy
- Journal of Electronic Publishing
- Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations
Open Access Directories
Open Access Resources
Open Access Blogs
Open Access Listservs
Open Access Self-Archiving Resources