It’s a tough market for library and information professionals looking for work. However there are new job openings being posted daily. Here are some great job boards to track and some tips that will hopefully help you with your job search.
- ALA JobLIST
- LIS Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Education’s Job Listings
- Library Journal’s Job Zone
- LibInfoSciJobs on Twitter
- Libgig_jobs on Twitter
- GetArchivisJobs on Twitter
- LITA Jobs
- SLA Jobs
- Look for local library consortium and local association chapters as they may have job boards such as:
METRO’s Job Bank and ACRLNY, (New York area).
- Make sure you’re on LinkedIn and have filled out your profile/resume completely. Start seeking recommendations!
- Create a Start Page with quick links to libraries, universities, and organizations you’d like to work for, as well as feeds from job boards, like this one created with Protopage:
- Create a full CV of all your work experience and accomplishments and make it readily available by sharing it on Slideshare, like this:
Library Job Boards:
Tips for Library Job Seekers:
Good luck with your job hunt!!!