Official State Links
- Florida 529 College Savings Plan: This plan is administered by the private foundation and is fully eligible for available tax benefits for federal income tax purposes. The plan allows for users to set their own saving goals and contribution levels. The plan currently allows participants to choose from 11 different investment options.
- Florida Prepaid College Plan: Administered by the Florida Prepaid College Board this prepaid program enables individuals and families to pre-pay for tuition with a single lump sum, monthly payments or installments over a 5 year period. Earnings from the plan are tax free when they are used to pay for qualified education expenses.
- Southern Regional Education Board: The nonprofit board represents 16 states and is a public-private partnership focused on improving public education. The board works to develop programs and pass legislation that improves college readiness. The program's primary goal is to increase the percentage of students who are college or career ready.
- Florida College Access Network: This not-for-profit organization works in two ways: first, to develop and support legislative initiatives that improve and expand higher education opportunities and, second, to develop and support programs that assist students. A significant goal of the organization is to increase the percentage of Floridians between 25 and 64 with a college degree to 60 percent by 2025.
Higher Education News
- Sun Sentinel Higher Education News: As one of Florida's leading newspapers, the Sun Sentinel offers regular in depth coverage of a wide range of higher education news and commentary.
- Florida Higher Education Spectator: A blog and email news service that provides Floridians with a regular supply of news, reviews, commentary and information of interest to the state's higher education community.
- State University System Board of Governors News: The state university system maintains this blog with the goal of keeping interested parties apprised of important news and other information about the state university system.
- FL 8.7%
- U.S. 7.7%
- FL 16.8%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- FL 11.4%
- U.S. 10.6%