Beauty school scholarships are a great way to help pay for your cosmetology or beauty school education. While some stylists and cosmetologists claim to be self-taught, most states require a license to practice cosmetology. Therefore, cosmetology school is often required to launch a career in this field, but it can be a costly endeavor. Scholarships are available through beauty schools, beauty product brands, and other private funding sources to help aspiring beauty professionals pay for college.
Eligibility for beauty school scholarships is usually based on merit or financial need. Application requirements are designed to verify your academic performance, extracurricular involvement, and overall commitment to a career in the beauty industry. Some scholarships are available only to single parents or minority applicants. In general, eligibility requirements may include the following:
- Pursuing an Cosmetology degree
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Have a high school diploma or GED, or in the process of completing them
- Affiliated with a minority culture
- Applying for financial aid
The above list of eligibility requirements do not apply to every beauty school scholarship available. Review the eligibility requirements and application instruction carefully before applying to improve your chances of success. Below is a selection of beauty school scholarships available:
Types of Accounting Scholarships
- Beauty Schools Marketing Group Scholarship: The Beauty Schools Marketing Group awards a scholarship in the amount of $2500 to individuals who plan to enroll in beauty or cosmetology school within one year.
- NCEA’S Esthetician Scholarship: The National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors and Association offers a $1000 incentive scholarship to students midway through their esthetician training program.
- PBA Minerva Beauty Scholarship: The Professional Beauty Association awards five $1000 scholarships to students enrolled in accredited beauty school programs.
- AHBAI Cosmetology Scholarship: The AHBAI Fred Luster, Sr. Education Foundation awards merit scholarships in amounts of $250 to cosmetology students.
- The Vidal Sassoon Beauty Education Scholarship Program: In this scholarship program, applicants who plan to attend cosmetology school can with to have up to half of their program tuition paid.