Official State Links
- Arkansas GIFT Plan: Like 529 plans in other states, the Arkansas GIFT Plan is available for just about anyone to save money for college. This plan is professionally managed by The Vanguard Group. There are several options: an FDIC-insured option, age-based options or even custom portfolios.
- iShares 529 Plan: There are four types of investments and 28 different options, including 7 year-of-enrollment options, 4 asset allocation portfolios, 26 custom iShares ETF (exchange traded funds) portfolios and an FDIC-insured savings plan. Account owners can make changes to allocations one time each calendar year.
- The Aspiring Scholars Matching Grant Program: This program allows account owners in the GIFT plan to save even more for college; these grants are worth up to $500 per year. There is an income limit of $60,000 adjusted gross income for an account owner to qualify for this program.
- Arkansas Leadership Academy: This policy-making organization works with 15 universities, 9 professional associations, 15 educational cooperatives and other organizations to improve Arkansas' education system.
- Southern Regional Education Board: This policy-making organization offers programs for adult learning and operates an electronic campus program that allows adult learners to attend college through distance education. The board, also known as SERB, works to create policies to improve education across the region.
Higher Education News
- University of Arkansas Office of Education Policy Blog: This blog covers education topics and news from all levels of education.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Blog: The Chronicle of Higher Education produces articles and analysis on higher education topics of national importance; this link shows Arkansas-related topics.
- AR 6.1%
- U.S. 7.7%
- AR 13.1%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- AR 6.7%
- U.S. 10.6%