Official State Links
- John Hancock Freedom 529: The John Hancock Freedom 529 is offered by the Education Trust of Alaska. These plans are managed by John Hancock and T. Rowe Price and 23 other financial management companies.
- University of Alaska College Savings Plan: The University of Alaska College Savings Plan is managed by T. Rowe Price and offered by the Education Trust of Alaska. Anyone can contribute to a plan once it has been established.
- The T. Rowe Price College Savings Plan: Offered by the Education Trust of Alaska, this college savings plan allows nearly any family member to enroll and create a college savings plan for a beneficiary. Account holders can choose from 13 different professionally-managed portfolios with a contribution limit of $400,000 per beneficiary.
- AlaskAdvantage Education Grant: This program was created by the Alaska legislature to provide need-based assistance to eligible state residents attending postsecondary education. Awards range from $500 to $2,000.
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education: The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) helps higher education systems in the west share resources. The organization also implements funding programs designed to help member institutions help their students. Alaska has been part of WICHE since 1955.
- Consortium for Alaska Native Higher Education: This organization provides statewide support for regional higher education projects in environments that provide opportunities in accordance with the elders’ guidance and traditional values. It can help tribal colleges and universities to leverage funding to achieve their educational goals and provide scholarships for students.
Higher Education News
- Going to College in Alaska: This web site offers information and advice for students preparing for college in Alaska.The site is run by the Alaska Commission on Higher Education.
- Journal of American Indian Education: This publication focuses on higher education news for American Indian and Alaskan Native students.The peer-reviewed journal aims to publish essays, research and manuscripts that are meant to increase discussion between researchers and educators.
- AK 7.7%
- U.S. 7.7%
- AK 17.8%
- U.S. 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree
- AK 9.7%
- U.S. 10.6%